Monday, July 31, 2006

The Long Weekend...

Friday 28th July – I was going through the routine of opening my post and was surprised to find a letter from Virgin Credit Cards saying I could transfer my balance interest free... this may not be much of a surprise if I owned a Virgin card but I don’t! I got worried that someone might have ‘stolen’ my identity. It turns out that MBNA used the wrong letter heads or something!

Saturday 29th July – You may recall my run in with my mobile network recently... well, this is part 2: I got an invoice from them charging me over £400 for an ‘early termination penalty’! I couldn’t believe them! They first got my cancellation mixed up and I even specified that I don’t want to see an invoice a few weeks time showing their errors, and what happens?! I was initially quite annoyed with them and wanted to give them a piece of my mind... but when I actually got through to talk to an operator I sort of became all meek again... I am no good with expressing my annoyance – should have got Trees to do it for me. LOL

Sunday 30th July – Woke up early for my first ever (and maybe last) car boot sale at my local park. I took all my unwanted law books and 30 odd mangas along with any other junk I could find at my place and headed for the car boot sale. First off, I must say I am hopeless at haggling and it appears I am hopeless at selling too... or the buyers were pros and knew how to work the seller, me! It was not really what I would call a successful day as I ended up taking all my law books home again! Hahaha The mangas were the first to go then followed by toys and my Harry Potter premiere posters. In the end I made dead on £40 profit so the new total is £63! Woohoo

The end of an era – Top Of The Pops’ final episode. It has been years since I watched TOTP, I believe I stopped watching when it moved from BBC1 to BBC2, and the move from a weekday (I think it was initially aired on Thursday nights but I could be wrong...) to a Sunday added to its downfall. Well, I made sure I caught this last ever episode – the various clips throughout the years have been nostalgic, I remembered those Kylie and Jason days, who could forget Bros,?! Goodbye, farewell TOTP!

Helen

1 Comments:

At 12:29 pm, Blogger The Pink Hat said...

Just catching up with your blog before we return home. I'm sorry to have missed the last ever TOTP - we remember it from the very early days - it was indeed on a Thursday evening and if you hadn't seen it you were treated as some sort of eccentric the next day at school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home