Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Melting roads?!

Sorry for not writing yesterday (Tuesday 18th) will get to it after a short (ish) message first... I got my new wheelchair yesterday! The wheelchair have travelled more than I have in the last few months – it was made to order (back in March) in the States and they dispatched it to Holland (please insert your own jokes about the States and their competency!) before delivering it correctly to me, in good old London town!

It’s a shame I don’t have any races to try out my new chair :-(

Anyway, my 'excuse' for not writing yesterday was because I took the chair to Canada Square for the free ‘Acoustic Magic Band Night’. Great entertainment showcasing of the ‘next big thing’ and did I mention it was absolutely free?!

Had an interesting night of varied talents out there – David Sneddon (‘Fame Academy’ winner) was one of the acts. Other acts included Tony Moore, Lee Rogers, Riccardi, Beth Rowley and John Allen. I particularly liked Riccardi and for those who wish to check them out: http://www.riccardirock.co.uk/

All the other acts have their own website if you just typed their names in Google or whatever search engine you prefer.

The concert went on past 10p.m., and then I had to make an hours journey to get home so by the time I got in, I was too tired to even turn on the PC (laptop is still out of action)... zzz

Now for today... record breaking temperature! Woohoo!!! I think there maybe something wrong with me (slightly more than usual anyway), I didn’t find it that hot and I absolutely love this weather – the only down side is, I keep getting funny tan marks! I never knew I was so pale... well compared to my tan now anyway! Hehehe

Got an email to confirm my ‘Help a London Child’ bucket rattling time slot today... will be stationed at Canary Wharf Station this coming Friday between 4-7. I have never done any bucket rattling before... I guess it will be good practice for when Shirin and I have to do it for the British Heart Foundation!

Helen

PS. I did take a few photos of the concert, but as my laptop is 'out of service' and Lee isn't in to let me use his PC I can't upload the photos... will upload them as soon as I can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home