Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Canary Wharf be warned ;)

I am meeting up with Shirin tomorrow to do our bit of harassing the general public at Canary Wharf with our BHF tins! Shirin has been brilliant, she has contacted the BHF to get our t-shirts, the tins themselves and tens/hundreds of balloons! I have told her I am allergic to the powdery substance in the balloons so I will leave all the hot air blowing to her ;)

There have been so much going on lately which I want to write about but due to my own laziness I am going to just write the bare essentials… first, Ken Livingstone – was watching the news and heard he wanted to ‘control’ all the trains in London, well as my all time favourite board game is Monopoly I had the image of Ken here dressed up like the ‘short, fat guy with the moustache’! Then there is the ‘Crocodile Hunter’, Steve Irwin – I must admit his enthusiasm especially on a boring, cold, wet Sunday afternoon and all you had to choose from was those antique/auction, courtroom dramas, or worse of all… Channel 4 horse racing, Steve was a great pick me up! The old cliché, life is too short, so get your credit cards out and donate your ‘hard earned’ cash to our very good cause!

My chain of thoughts are quite random, so now away from headline hitting news I have a bit of foodie news to chat about – I went shopping with my sisters on Saturday to Lakeside and discovered ‘Hotel Chocolat’ (pronounced ‘ho-tel shok-o-LA’). The chocolates where divine, they wasn’t too sweet and it did not leave a sickly feeling even after eating over 200g in one go! It’s a shame the closes store to where I live is in Lakeside… but they have announced that they will soon be opening one in Bromley! Yippee!

After a ‘stressful’ time at Lakeside I went back to Trees for dinner where she later thought she would poison us dinner guests with her baking… all I got to do (besides from all the washing up!) was decorate one cake with chocolate chips. Can anyone make out what I was trying to do with the chocolate chips there?! Give up?! Ok, I will put you out of your misery (!), it was suppose to be a heart but the chips started to melt in my hands so I sort of gave up in the end! LOL

Now for more donation updates: sold a few more items on eBay and raised a further £12.18 (thanks to Simon, Susan and Richard). This brings us to a new total of £133.18!

Right, need to go to bed now if I want to harass those men (and women) in suits at Canary Wharf tomorrow!

Helen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home