Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Santa Clauses will be coming to Battersea Park on Saturday 9th December!

You may remember I got my new wheelchair a few months ago and have not had a chance to take it onto any race event... well, I have entered myself into a ‘Santa race’! LOL

The race is to help raise funds for ‘Disability Snowsport’. The race will be held at Battersea Park on Saturday 9th December. The event is looking for 2500 runners to dress up as Santa and run/jog/walk/roll 6km! To find out more please visit: www.runnersworld.co.uk/santarun

Whats great about the race (besides from raising funds and awareness of snow sports for the disabled) is the entrance fee will include a Santa suit which we get to wear and keep... if anyone out there who needs a Santa suit, sign up for the event, come enjoy yourself and take away the Santa suit as a souvenir (plus a medal at the end of the race as well) which you can use over and over again.

I should enter myself into some ‘training’ but the last time I did anything exercise wise I came down with a cold which lasted close to a fortnight! I will ease myself into a fitness routine slowly... first I will start with getting the right training outfit as I think my baby pink tracksuit from the Cancer Research ‘Race for Life’ 5km run is a bit chilly for the autumn weather. Next, it should be my diet... less kebab and more fresh/raw fruit and vegetables. And after all that, not to strain myself too much in my everyday life as I don’t want to pull a muscle (which I did just before the ‘Race for Life’)!

Helen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home