Thursday, October 05, 2006

Oversea visitors and free meals ;)

More donation updates... went for a family meal last night as some of my parents old neighbour (from 30 years ago in Vietnam) came over to visit us from Germany. After much consumption of alcohol I hit them with the BHF jump! LOL

The owner of the restaurant, ‘Hap Lee’ in Norbury, Mr Vong is of course one of my dad’s friend and he generously donated £50, and Ms Lau (from Germany) also donated £20 which I added to the official sponsor page as soon as I got home last night – which were well after 1am... I was starving around 5ish but thought we were going to eat in about another 2 hours so I only snacked on a pecan nut croissant, a packet of cheddar and onion crisps and a few Rolos... well I was so glad I did as we didn’t mange to settle down for dinner until 10pm! The first few dishes served up were lobster and crabs which I don’t eat so I had to wait until they finished all that before I got the type of food I eat! The clams, fish and vegetables were well worth the wait.

Oh I nearly forgot, I tried durian for the first time last night... the smell is quite overpowering and somewhat off putting and the taste... well it tasted like a raw spring onions to me! Hahaha

Helen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home