Sunday, September 24, 2006

Special Celebrations Day!

It is a very special day today, it is Shirin’s birthday so happy birthday girl! It is also the start of Ramadan so poor Shirin is fasting for the next month – luckily we managed to catch up on Friday for a pre-birthday celebration and I promise after your fasting (24th October), we will go out and celebrate properly… any excuse for a girly night out ;)

Me on the other hand am struck down with a full-blown cold. That’s what we will talk about today… The great east and west divide of how to nurse a cold – I have always got confused whether its feed a cold or starve it, and it doesn’t help that my appetite increases about ten-folds whenever I get sick! Also in Chinese tradition we are supposed to avoid dairy products, poultry, eggs and oranges! Now the English, you are suppose to stock up on vitamins C and chicken soup. As you can see I am quite mixed up on what I am suppose to eat/drink and what not to. So, I have made myself a very strong ginger and rice wine chicken soup and hope that will do the trick. One thing both traditions have in common is fluid, so I am drowning myself in hot tea with fresh lemons and a big dollop of honey.

You know what?! I really want some chocolates now, especially now that Bromley has opened up a Hotel Chocolat last Thursday! To help take my mind off chocolate and any other ‘forbidden’ food I have been vegging out watching some ‘quality’ telly… first there were T4 with their regular programme like Friends, Smallville and Charmed, and after all those US imports I then induced myself with some British programmes like Casualty (not sure whether if the cold is playing havoc with my immune system but I was crying throughout the episode!) and Jane Eyre. Being a fan of Colin Firth’s, Mr Darcy I hope that Mr Rochester will provide Toby Stephens will gain some level of success like Colin did.

Helen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home