Thursday, January 04, 2007

This one is for the ladies, or for those who love period dramas ;-)

I think I am in love! LOL

Let’s start at the beginning...
During Christmas day I made sure to watch the Christmas Special of the ‘Vicar of Dibley’ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108981/) and fell for the charms of Mr Richard Armitage (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0035514/) which kept me on cloud nine right up til New Years day when I watched the concluding episode of ‘Vicar’ and fell hopelessly in love – being the Google geek that I am, I Googled him a few days after I got back into London, and came across the BBC drama adaptation of Elizabeth Gaskell’s ‘North and South’ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417349/) ... I went out this morning with only one mission in mind (well, besides from work), to find a copy on DVD! Hahaha

As soon as I got home, I took my phone off the hook, made myself a large mug (given to me from Trees and Lee) of green tea (too much rich food the last couple weeks) and settled down to an evening of bliss... I have fallen under the spell of Richard’s ‘John Thornton’ at first sight and by the end of the second episode I was almost in tears... I was however, definitely in tears by the end of episode three, and then I was both crying and smiling by the end! I confess, I love all those clichés of misunderstood situations where the main couple find themselves in, but then fall madly in love with each other... I might receive some disapproval from a few friends with what I am about to say... I much prefer ‘Mr Thornton’ over ‘Mr Darcy’ (hiding behind my copy of ‘North and South’ DVD now)!

Next on my list of happy viewing will definitely be ‘Robin Hood’ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787985/) ... Richard playing a greasy haired baddy, ‘Guy of Gisbourne’! If I drop enough hints, I might even get the whole DVD set for my birthday! If I don’t decide I can’t wait a whole month, I might wake up tomorrow morning and go get it myself, like this morning! Hahaha

Helen

1 Comments:

At 10:05 am, Blogger The Pink Hat said...

Mmm, when I saw the words 'period drama' in the title I thought it might be a case of 'waaaayyyy too much information' - LOL!

Anyway, thanks for the reminder of RA's previous works. I'd forgotten about North & South, which I watched; great scene at the railway station at the end IIRC, which is a bit reminiscent of 'Brief Encounter'. Also remembered he played the young Claude Monet in the short series that was shown last year on Sunday evenings entitled 'The Impressionists' (which had an air of being 'Dummies Guide to The Impressionists' but quite good nonetheless').

 

Post a Comment

<< Home