Saturday, December 23, 2006

#I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...#

Hello folks! Its Christmas again and yet again I am all tired out from all those present buying – this year I had the added mission to buy personalised presents for Kim, Ping, Lin and Trees which can not exceed our set budget of £10 each! I soon found out that it’s not as easy as it sounds... well, I have managed to accomplish this task by making some of the presents myself! I will disclose what I got them, after I get back from visiting my family in Leicester.

Now for an emotional time... I attended my younger sister, Sally’s Christmas Concert on the 14th, held in a local church and was overcome with tears when Sally got up and did her solo for ‘Winter Wonderland’! She told me she had a solo but as the concert was almost over and her solo had not risen, I assumed that she got cut from the performance... I am biased but I truly think she was fantastic – she was confident, clear and truly belonged up there singing in front of a church full of people! I was quite surprised that I had tears in my eyes and a silly grin on my face throughout the whole song! I didn’t have my camera on me but the school had reassured us that they will publish photos and clips on their website... I have been checking up daily but no luck yet.

No Christmas is complete without a bit of Panto – this year I went to see ‘Dick Whittington’ (http://www.barbican.org.uk/panto/cast-and-team) at the Barbican. Two years ago I saw ‘Aladdin’ at the Old Vic starring Sir Ian McKellen as Widow Twanky and this year, Sir McKellen was sitting in the audience of Whittington. Roger Lloyd Pack who played Sarah the Cook, joking said during the closing credit: ‘If you enjoyed the show, tell your friends, but if you didn’t, then I am Sir Ian McKellen and this is the Old Vic’! LOL

Yesterday I was ‘suppose’ to have met up with Shirin and Hiro to exchange our Christmas presents, but there was a breakdown in communication and I only managed to meet up Hiro. We visited ‘Ten Ten Tei’ which satisfied my sushi cravings for the moment... we had just stepped out of the restaurant and thought about getting a coffee when I bumped into my old friend, Abu who I haven’t seen in years! It was quite strange as I was only telling Hiro, that I was invited up to Nottingham to see another old friend of mine, Isabella who was holding a charity/Christmas party over the last weekend but I was too busy to attend but Abu had, when the next thing I know I bump into him! Very spooky ;) Abu is now an architect (he also attended Greenwich University which I never knew!), and his friend, Yoshi is a professional cake decorator – the cheeky guy said he will put me on the waiting list for my sister, Trees wedding cake!

That’s it for now folks, need to start thinking about what to pack for my stay in Leicester and hopefully I will get a lie in tomorrow before over indulging myself at my grandparents ;)

Have a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year folks!

Helen X

1 Comments:

At 9:31 pm, Blogger Martin Sewell said...

Happy Christmas Helen!

Best wishes

Martin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home