Monday, December 11, 2006

Santa Clauses came to town!


# You better watch out,
You better not cry,
Better not pout,
I'm telling you why:
Santa Claus is coming to town.
He's making a list,
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out
Who's naughty and nice.
Santa Claus is coming to town...
#

Saturday started with my alarm going off at 5am! I dragged myself out of bed, had a really quick shower and then forced some food down my throat to help wake myself up a bit more before going off to the train station where assistance was arranged to help me on and off the train... yep, no assistance so I had to ask other passengers to help me.

Caught a cab from London Bridge to Battersea Park. Once there we drove around trying to figure out where all the nutters were gathering! Followed a group of ladies as they appeared to know where they were going. Met some of the runners from the forum, took photos and basically admiring each others costumes! LOL

We all took a leisurely stroll to the starting line - saw 2 very brave men who only donned their Santa hat and a very fetching pair of red thongs with fur trim!

I got separated from everyone from the forum as I stayed behind in the slowest starting area... sub 10 mins wasn’t slow enough for me because as soon as we got off the starting line, everyone in my area over took me! Hahaha

I was only about half way through the course when the fast runners overlapped me! When I went past the mobile café, I was so tempted to stop off and have a hotdog to replenish my energy! By the time I got onto my second lap, I really took my time and even stopped off to take a picture of the gold Buddha and raced a little kid on his tricycle!

At the very last half km, I sort of tagged along some of the ladies from GMTV’s, ‘This Morning’ team who are training for the London Marathon next April... will need to get up early on Monday to see if I will appear on their video clip ;-)

Bumped into one of my ski instructors, Gules when I was picking up my belongings after the race and had a good old chin wag and I took the opportunity to promote this blog and its cause! Just in case anyone who have forgotten why I am writing this blog, it’s to raise funds for the British Heart Foundation! So give generously!

After saying goodbye to everyone I took a taxi to Waterloo as I wasn’t too keen on getting lost on the buses in my Santa suit... the driver was very generous and didn’t charge me for my taxi ride! I think he felt sorry that I had to wear the suit all the way home on the Jubilee line! That’s not all, silly me I forgot my house keys when I left in the morning so I had to visit my brother at his work place to pick up his keys... he was less than amused when I greeted him and all his customers with a golly ‘Hohoho’!

Helen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home