Monday, November 20, 2006

Master Classes

Sorry for the long absence – I was busy tying up lose ends before my holiday next week! Hopefully this time next week, I would have just landed in Egypt and getting settled in to the hotel room. I am going away with my girlfriends for our annually get away – in the past we have been to places both near and far, including Hong Kong (last year), Ibiza (first holiday without parental control!), Ireland, Italy and Prague.

As well as tying up those lose ends, I was busy swimsuit hunting! For all those girls out there, you know how hard it is to find a great swimsuit at the best of times, but with all the shops taking everything summer related back into the stockroom to make room for all the Christmas items, the task has become almost impossible! I have given up in finding one in the shops and ordered a few (one-pieces and tankinis in different sizes and colours!)... Now I am patiently waiting for them to arrive before I fly off! Argh, fingers crossed!

Ok, a couple of weeks back I went to see the original and classic, ‘Italian Job’ on the big screen for the very first time... I probably will get lynched for saying this, but I actually liked the remake more (goes and hide behind a pillow)! Hehehe

Don’t get me wrong, the original was a great movie – maybe it’s because I saw the remake first, or it’s glossier, or even just because the cast were so easy on the eye, especially Charlize Theron, who is gorgeous ;-)

I have liked the new Mini Cooper even before watching either of the ‘Italian Job’ but now I want it even more! Hopefully, by the time I finally get my driving licence they still produce the car! Hahaha

Now for some classical music – my dear friend, Caf (aka Pink Hat) invited me along to her choir, Eclectic Voices (www.eclecticvoices.org.uk) performance of their Mozart Requiem rendition, conducted by the talented Scott Stroman. I had a wonderful time even though being the novice that I am in classical music, I did not recognise the pieces of music played! LOL

I really needed you Caf by my side explaining all the different pieces as they were being played! I took your advice, and waited until Scott raised his arms up high to signal the end of a long piece of music before I began my applause with enthusiasm! It would have been very embarrassing if I started to clap in all the wrong places! Hahaha

Helen

1 Comments:

At 9:51 am, Blogger The Pink Hat said...

LOL - you should have read the programme notes and then you would have some idea what each movement was about!
Anyway, thanks for the plug! Our next event are our Christmas concerts on Friday,15 December!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home