Monday, November 06, 2006

Lighting up the night skies ;-)

The firework displays on Blackheath were brilliant. Most of the main roads were cordoned off which was great as there were many people just standing around the fields waving sparklers. I was prepared and brought some sparklers myself at the local shop. I did have a bit of a problem lighting the sparklers though... nearly set my own gloves on fire as the stubborn sparklers refused to light up until you hold the flame under it for a good 10 seconds which is not an easy feat as we were out in the open field without any building to block any sudden gust of winds!

I had a great time nevertheless. Ate hotdogs with plenty of onions (a bit too undercook for my liking), drank hot (lumpy) chocolates whilst dodging little children! Hehehe

Still not getting used to my short hair yet... each time I put my coat on or whatever I would reach round my neck to ‘free’ my hair but now its not there any more! I might need to dig out my long wig if I miss my hair too much!

Helen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home