Sunday, October 29, 2006

Warm up your vocal cords!

Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of blog entries... many excuses but lets not waste time and let’s just dive straight in! LOL

Did anyone wake up today and forgot the clocks go back and arrive early (or on time!) for everything?! My internal body clock has been waking me up 9am every morning the past week and this morning I woke up at 8am! Which was lucky as my mum had forgot the clocks go back and decided to come visit me and drag me off to go horse chestnut picking! I think she is approaching her mid-life crisis or menopause, she have taken up ballroom dancing and joined a female only society/group which takes her all over the place trying out foods of the World! She has a much more active social life than I!

Ok back to me (hehehe)... the thought of chestnuts made me think of the Christmas Carole:

# Chestnut's roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yule tide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos
Everybody knows
A turkey and some mistletoe
Can help to make the season bright
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow
Will find it hard to sleep tonight
#

This is not the only song which I had running through my head all day... with the clocks going back, summer is definitely coming to an end for this year (you wouldn’t believe it by the looks of the pictures above). Well anyway the song which was running through my head all day was:

# Summertime and the living is easy
Fish are jumping, the cotton is high
Your daddy's rich and your mother's good lookin'
So hush, little baby, don't you cry?
#

The sky was clear and bright but the temperature was notably cooler – haven’t got my thermal underwear out yet (hehehe) but have just dug out my bright red ski socks!

Oh, I nearly forgot (nothing unusal there!) – I was out with my family on Friday night for dinner at a local Thai restaurant when 2 children TV presenters came in and sat behind me... Lee (my brother) who sat in front of me pointed them out and for the rest of the meal we were all trying to think of what their names were. All I remembered was “swing your pants”... do you know who I am on about yet?! Well to put you out or your misery (?!) they were Trevor Neal and Simon Hickson! Oh, how I miss Saturday morning TV and laughing at silly pants!

Helen

1 Comments:

At 11:08 pm, Blogger The Pink Hat said...

I don't mean to nitpick, but 'Chestnuts Roasting on an open fire' strictly speaking isn't a Christmas Carol - the giveaway is the actual song title 'The Christmas Song' and written and performed by Mel Torme in 1946.

'Summertime' is from musicial/opera 'Porgy & Bess', words by Dubose Howard, music by George Gershwin (one of my favourites).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home