Monday, May 07, 2007

Lights, Camera, Action!

Wednesday 2nd May
Went to Sally’s ‘parent/teachers’ evening on Wednesday – everyone thought I was her mother! Better start using that oil of Olay and plenty of sunscreen! LOL

I must say, there were plenty of young, and pretty cute teachers at the school – my school days were never like that, I remember my male teachers were either fat, balding, bearded or old enough to be my granddad... I will definitely be going to all the parent/teaches evening from now on ;)

Friday 4th

Met Shirin up for a spot of cream tea in Greenwich – she was studying too hard and needed a bit off distraction. I love scones and have tried making then a few times... turned out to be more like ‘rock cakes’ than scones though! Hehehe

We went our separate ways around 7ish – I was slightly tipsy after one Smirnoff Ice... Lee kept joking I was drunk when I kept complaining I was tired and needed a nap before going to see ‘Spider-Man 3’ at the 23:45 showing. The earlier showings were all sold out. I love Spider-Man, he’s not like the other superheroes that does no wrong, Spider-Man makes mistakes and learns from them – much more believable?! The movie was 140 minutes long so I didn’t get home until 3 in the morning... zzz

Saturday 5th
It was my mom’s Chinese birthday today so had to go home for dinner as it was a last minute gathering. I keep forgetting this month is the month of over eating in our family – my mum’s birthday kick starts the birthday celebrations, then it’s my granddads next Tuesday, my dad’s sometime in the following week before my grandmas at the end of the month!

There goes my diet for this month! Hehehe

Sunday 6th
Took my mum to a photography studio – my mum loves getting dressed up and taking photos, thought this would be a great treat for her to get inspirations for the up coming wedding. This was right up her alley... me on the other hand, only went because I needed advice on hair and make-up for Trees wedding! Asked the make-up artist (and I mean ‘artist’ to cover up all my flaws and imperfections!) for hints and tips for stay put make-up along with on how to style my wayward hair. I was really shocked when I saw myself halfway through my transformation as I really thought I looked like a drag queen! LOL

The finished product, hair and make-up all in place took about half an hour and at the end I did look like a different person... I really could not wear half amount of the product the lady put on my face in a whole week let alone for a day! The whole photo shoot took over 4 hours and we won’t get the photos for another 6 weeks or so. Sally had heavily suggested we could book her an appointment for her as a birthday treat... her birthday isn’t until next January so I can ‘forget’ about it for now!

Helen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home